Overview and Applications
Intech® adaptive volatility equity strategies are a hybrid of our active core and low volatility equity platforms – a distinctive industry offering. These strategies seek to outperform the equity market over a full market cycle with downside protection, providing an asymmetric return profile. Our clients use these strategies to address a wide range of needs:
- Allow for higher equity exposure throughout a target-date glide path
- De-risk an under-funded plan without reducing equity exposure
- Increase equity exposure without increasing total risk
- Insulate beta risk from unpredictable market shocks
- Reduce plan surplus volatility
We employ one process across four investment platforms, including our adaptive volatility equity platform. Platforms differ by risk-return objective – relative or absolute. Platform strategies differ by benchmark and/or risk budget.