Overview and Applications
We construct Intech enhanced equity strategies to improve the probability of excess return over an index. They attempt to improve upon index returns and minimize tracking error. Our clients use them to address a number of needs:
- Replace or supplement index or smart beta strategies
- Complement traditional managers in DC plans or in multi-manager mandates
- Narrow the range of excess return outcomes
- Apply risk controls to a typically large portfolio allocation
- Control surplus volatility
We employ one process across Intech’s five investment platforms, including our enhanced equity platform. Platforms differ by risk-return objective – relative or absolute. Platform strategies differ by benchmark and/or risk budget.